How to add domain name in blogger?
I am extremely sorry for posting article after a long time. But today's topic is very interesting as i am going to explain "How can we add domain name in blogger?".
The first thing you need to do is to buy a domain name from any website like eHostPk, Namecheap and Godaddy. Then follow the given process:-
You can buy domain name in Pakistan with Jazzcash, no credit card required.
- Go to blogger.com > Setting > Basic ,There you w'll see option "Set up a third party URL for your blog" below your blog link. click there.
- Now enter your domain name (with www.) there. Note: don't forget to enter www before domain name.
- Then you w'll see error page like this
- Now visit website from where you bought domain name. (i am showing screenshots of GoDaddy)
- Select domain and click on "DNS" (Domain NameServer). As shown in above screenshot.
- Click on "Create Record" button. Create A record with host @ and point it to 18.104.22.168 .
- Create 3 more A Records for @ pointing to 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 .
- Now create 2 "CNAME" records that you have seen on blogger page. Like
- CNAME for www point to ghs.google.com
- CNAME for values provided on Blogger page.
You w'll find these 2 CNAME on blogger page where you entered your domain name.
Make sure that you have entered everything (All 6 records) correctly. And delete already existed records. Go back to blogger, and click on save button. You can close blogger.com tab at anytime during this procedure.
I am still facing issues!
If you are still facing issues while adding domain name in blogger, it may be due to saveral reasons which are discussed below:-
- You may not have used www. Or any subdomain before domain name.
- You may not have entered 4 ip's in A record pointing to @ in DNS.
- You may not have entered 2 CNAMES which you saw on blogger page while entering your domain name.
- It may take upto 30 minutes after ending this process, so don't worry and wait.
My website is www.example.com not only example.com. why?
Yes, this is also a problem that most user face. After ending this process, you need to tick (✔) a box before saving as seen in screen. This will redirect you site from www.zulkaif.com to zulkaif.com.
(I bought zulkaif.com domain name to teach this method to you)
This usually takes upto 30 minutes, but sometime it may take 24 hours to direct your domain name to your blogger. If you have any problem regarding this, feel free to massage me:
Thanks A lot